Four pieces information are assembled together for each adoption or engagement and form the INFOGLOBAL code: The first piece is the search term “INFOGLOBAL” which is used for searching all entities across the world. The second piece of the code is the search term for the movement or organization. The third piece is the search term for the country that is doing the adopting/engaging. The fourth and last piece of the code is the “year number” which is the search term for the year that adoption/engagement was made or happened.
- INFOGLOBAL is placed first in the series so that all the worlds adoptions and engagements can be searched.
- Your entity is assigned a simple code and it is placed second in the series. [request an entity code]
- A two letter country code is placed third in the series. This is the country you are adopting/engaging from. [get codes]
- Lastly, the year the people group was adopted is placed in the code.
- These four pieces of information form the entire code and are placed on a people profile on the Etnopedia project. Etnopedia was chosen because anyone in the evangelical missionary movement can edit it in any language.
INSTRUCTIONS ON SEARCHING
- You can search all the world by entering only INFOGLOBAL.
- You can search by a movement by entering only that movements code, such as AUECOMIBAM.
- You can search by country adding the ISO country code to one or two of the search terms above. Example INFOGLOBAL AR. This will search out all adoptions made by Argentina across missionary movements.
- Lastly you can search by the year the adoption or engagement was made by adding it to other search terms.
- Begin your search
Step by Step Instructions on Searching
- Visit the Etnopedia.org website in English. http://en.etnopedia.org/wiki/ The English portal is used for this as it is the hub portal for all other languages.
- Click the Go button with nothing in the search box.
- Then click the Advanced link and make sure that only (Main) and Talk are checked.
- Now enter your movements code only as a test.In this case enter into the search field AUECOMIBAM as there are live examples of this movement.
- Then click search again.
You should see several results from the AUECOMIBAM movement.
- If you are interested in adopting a people group, check the Etnopedia.org English portal first to see if another movement, agency or independent has adopted/engaged them.
- The INFOGLOBAL process is not complicated.
- It helps to facilitate more cooperation and avoid duplication of missionary sending across movements and agencies.
- You do not need a login or password to participate.
- No missionary names or locations are required or asked of you and your organization.
- Your name and information is not required.
- Register your adoptions/engagements here.
Example of the search page on Etnopedia for AUECOMBAM:
Other search examples:
INFOGLOBAL FINISHTASK US 2013
INFOGLOBAL AUECOMIBAM AR 2012
INFOGLOBAL FINISHTASK US 2013
INFOGLOBAL AUECOMIBAM PR 2010
INFOGLOBAL AUECOMIBAM PA 2013